Friday, August 28, 2009

Teaching in Paradise/ Missing my Loved Ones

I never believed the day would come when I would return to the front of a classroom, well it happened and I'm loving it. My employer here is Taylor's College. I teach Business Leadership to pre-university angels, yes angels. I have zero discipline problems, in fact the only problem I have is to get my students to talk in class, you know, ask questions. They are so quiet, humble, shy and eager to learn. It seems surreal at times. I love planning because I know that I will be able to teach my whole lesson, everyday, no exceptions.
This is where my planning happens, and it's serious business! The picture on the right is my "V", I miss them. This experience would be perfect if they were all here to enjoy this with me.















I work with this very cute English teacher as well, this is her at her desk. She wears this awesome perfume, it makes me weak in the knees.
I think I'm gonna ask her out soon, what a doll!
















Taylor's is great place to work. The staff, both locals and expats are fine people. Anytime I need help, I just ask and it's done. My department head is Rowena. She is so helpful, funny and full of zest for life. We have been out on the town with her and her husband. They're a very nice couple. We have been sent on an all expenses paid trip to Rompkin. Team Building was the theme. We had a blast! Paintball, Karaoke, a little dancing, team performances, good food and horseback riding, well actually it was horseback sitting because the guide led the horse while I sat there like a five year old boy. I hope nobody saw me.

This is Taylor's and that cute English teacher, what a cutie!















Sometimes I forget things because I'm so excited, so I write them in my new Palm Pilot!





















No comments: