Saturday, December 11, 2010

Keepsakes & Mementos

In grade eight, Melinda won the French award. Proud moment.
There is nothing more powerful than a keepsake or a memento, to remind us of past events, moments, actions, or words that have blessed our lives. A photo, a hand made card/gift, a letter,  a concert ticket stub, a note, a gift, or a piece of clothing. Anything that represents an event, a moment, or a person, is worth saving, permanently. I have a big green bin in which I store such mementos. Some are 20 years old, some are as recent as yesterday. When I look at these mementos, I remember the person(s) involved and I'm reminded that I matter to someone. I always feel good when I have a sit down and review my mementos. Start building your bin today.
Kirsti made this bookmark for me some 16 years ago. 
Kim & Brian sent us a package and included among many other awesome gifts, this bottle of sand. They went to our home land, Wasaga Beach, scooped up sand from the beach, bottled it, and sent it to use in Malaysia. Isn't that a beautiful gesture. We will keep that bottle forever because it reminds us of how much we matter to Kim and Brian.
 
July 2010, dancing with my niece Morgan. 
She has the spirit of ten Queens. 
 
Anchoring up to go para-sailing. 
It was a moment I'll never forget. 
Bungee jumping is next!

No comments: